Why am I the only one who understands why my job is obnoxious? Even my mom doesn't get it. I think Phil does, but I just can't explain it to anyone else. My friends just say, "you're so lucky you work from home" or, "it's not even really working if you're home!" Dumb.
First of all, working for your younger brother is a bad idea. Duh. But mine is much, much needier and demanding than most. Take today for example. My workload is not too huge, I have my inbox under control, and I can just gradually work through my to-do list without being overly stressed or busy. But there are 2 problems with this not too busy day:
1) I'm bored to TEARS by this job. Whether I'm super busy or it's slow, I have no interest at ALL in what I'm doing and it becomes more apparent every day.
2) My brother calls me approximately 20 times per day. He just called while on his way to a meeting, complaining that it's "not fair" that he didn't have breakfast or lunch before the meeting. Wtf? He said he couldn't eat before he left the house because he had a phone call with a client that started at 11. He didn't wake up til 11 because he stayed up past 3 last night. He asks what I would have done. Ummm seriously? I wouldn't have stayed up til 3, I would have eaten before my phone call, I mean COMMON SENSE IS SOOO LACKING. And when he doesn't eat he's in a pissy mood all day and I have to deal with it. I need to be FREE of these types of calls.
Since there is OBVIOUSLY enough work for both me and the new guy full time, he said he'll give me a raise if I stay on board. He's totally missing the point. I don't like this, at ALL. Even my mom doesn't get it. She thinks since everything is so uncertain with IF it's a good idea to stick with Joe. That's what I thought all along, but when it's been 2 years and you're STILL waiting to have a baby so you can quit, it's time to throw in the towel! Just because infertility sucks doesn't mean my job has to too! Not to mention, the stress of DEALING with him probably contributes to my unexplained ovulation issues.
BOTTOM LINE: I'm sticking to my original plan. 36 MORE DAYS OF FULL TIME, 1/2 TIME IN JULY AND AUGUST, and BILLING AND BOOKKEEPING ONLY starting in September.
Counting down the days!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment