Thursday, September 30, 2010

Work

I cannot say enough how THANKFUL I am that stopped working when I did. It was a TOXIC environment and I absolutely could not take another minute while pregnant (or otherwise!). I talked to Corey for a long time today and honestly, I don't think he'll last long. The problems he's having are the same ones I've always had: too much work, no time off, unreasonable expectations, no job description, Joe being a dictator, feeling like a slave, constantly on call...I feel bad for him. I WAS honest with him though about the problems I had with the job from the start, but he had to see what Joe was like for himself. He's a sh*tty boss.

Joe's on vaca right now and called me (at 8pm) because a needy client is having an email "emergency" because of something "Corey did wrong". He is only ASSUMING Corey did something wrong. It is super easy to set up email addresses, you actually CAN'T do it wrong, but Joe doesn't know that because he refuses to learn. Corey's family is in town and already told Joe he's not working after hours tonight, and Joe's all pissed about that.

So Joe offered me $100 cash to call this lady and work out her email problems. I said no on principle. It's not that I don't have time, and it's not that I don't need the $. It's that he NEEDS TO LEARN WHAT IS AN EMERGENCY AND WHAT IS NOT. These people can wait til the morning for email support. No one is going to die. We aren't "open" 24/7. He's a terrible boss for even asking me to do that right now. He said this is going to ruin his whole (3 day - 1 business day) vacation because he didn't bring his computer. Seriously?! No wonder he's in such a bad mood all the time. He never takes a minute off and expects his employees to be sick as him.

No real point to this venting post, except that I DO wonder about the future of the company. How are 200+ clients going to stay happy once Corey quits? The day will come. Maybe not soon, but it will come. He will realize the cons outweigh the pros and Joe will never change.

__________________________________________________________

ANYWAY, 14 weeks tomorrow, and it will finally, FINALLY be October! Woot! September was SOOOO long for me. I've still had some spotting throughout the week (old blood), which the doc told me to expect, but I worry a bit about baby B. That's the heartbeat that is always harder to find, and it often hurts in that spot (during the NT scan I was DYING when they were pushing the ultrasound wand on it). The babe could just be further back. The doctor always sees both heartbeats so I need to assume everything is fine! Appointment on Tuesday, can't wait! Every appointment makes me feel much more confident this is REALLY happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment