Saturday, October 30, 2010

18 weeks!

18w1d

SO happy to be here. Time is starting to go by a little faster, thank God. I've had a HUGE growth spurt over the past few weeks. I seriously gained like 10 pounds in the past month and my stomach feels so tight already and my belly button is getting flat and stretched. It's starting to freak me out a little since I have a long way to go!

I'm exhausted right now. I drove to CT on Thursday, it was a 6 hour drive. I didn't let it get to me and it went okay.

Went shopping with mom yesterday and we were super successful! I got some maternity clothes: a pair of corduroys, 2 shirts, and 2 sweater dresses. One of them I don't like that much now that I'm home and I might return it. But dresses with leggings are so much comfier than jeans.

We went to a local consignment shop and got a HUGE bag of clothes for the babes-- adorable clothes in perfect condition --- and spent a total of $35! WOOT! What a steal! I can't wait to have their dresser ready and start washing and putting away their clothes. :) So exciting!

Mom also bought me a curious George crib sheet that I am in love with.

Last night I drove to Emmy's (about 2 hours away) and slept there, since we dress shopped today for bridesmaids dresses and I didn't want to have to get up super early and drive from CT today. It was nice staying with her but I didn't really sleep well. I have awful nightmares almost every single night. They are always totally different and never at all similar to a previous dream but they are always either very sad, or scary, and just give me major anxiety that I still feel when I wake up, and every time I pee during the night it's like I start over.

I've also been having weird sensations in my stomach in the middle of the night every night. At first I thought maybe it was the babies moving, but I'm starting to think they might be Braxton Hicks contractions!?!?!? It's like my stomach tightens up all of a sudden and then goes back to normal after awhile. I notice it most nights and it kind of disrupts my sleep. I've read that it's not crazy to have BH this early, especially with twins you typically contract more than often. It makes me a bit nervous since I'm SO paranoid about preterm labor, but I'm pretty sure it's normal. I'm going to read up a bit more about BH.

So today we shopped with the bridesmaids for dresses. It was pretty exhausting. Emmy kept nagging me to try dresses on. Seriously? Why the hell (and HOW) can a pregnant girl try on small sample size bridesmaids dresses!??? It was seriously getting on my nerves. Ugh. Anyway, I'm SO glad I went because without me they would have picked something super short and TIGHT. OMG. A few months after having twins?! I would look like a mess. I was trying to be flexible and go with the crowd but I definitely had to speak up. In the end we got an empire waist, strapless dress. Everyone liked it because it was still short and strapless. (tacky for bridesmaids IMO but whatever). There are spaghetti straps that I can add, and I ordered mine a big longer, and bigger, so I can get it fitted at the last minute. I think it will work out, I'll just have to try to get my arms in decent shape which will hopefully be doable. It was a very long day and I am EXHAUSTED. I'm back at my parents house and looking forward to a good long sleep. Hoping to have a relaxing day tomorrow and stay home. I've done a lot in the last few days.

Monday I'm driving back to Balti. It really has been great being home, everyone is SO excited about the babes. But I miss Phil and look forward to being home with him. <3

Friday marks officially HALFWAY (or likely more than halfway!) since 38 weeks is the longest I will go (if I'm LUCKY!). Hope time continues to fly because I know I'll be really uncomfortable soon.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment