Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baby Room Inspiration

Sidenote: I hate the word "nursery" so I don't use it.

We don't want the room to look "babyish". Phil is worried about resale value so we definitely don't want anything permanent to the walls that screams "baby".

I know Phil doesn't really care about the room, so I've been brainstorming about it.

Walls -- Green. Not too bright, not too light. Maybe a little lighter than grass green.

Furniture -- white for most of it. We already have a white crib and changing table. If we can find a dresser for Phil we'll paint our old one white. If not I'll get something like this (from IKEA):

Photobucket

Wall Decor --

Love these decals (from Etsy)-- we'd use primary colors for their names though:
Photobucket

I also have these awesome Paul Frank alphabet flash cards (not pictured) that are primary colors and I'd LOVE to have them hung, maybe like this:
Photobucket

I'm also a huge fan of clustered framed graphic art like this, but the chance of getting Phil to hang all those frames on a plaster wall...not happenin:
Photobucket

Accents -- Primary colors. These are a couple ideas for rug/ curtains, but I'm still on the lookout (both of these are from IKEA, Target had a few rugs too):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that we know they are boys it feels so much more real -- like we can REALLY plan and this is happening! :)

2 comments:

  1. You could do the framed graphics with Command picture hooks as long as the frames don't weigh a ton. They don't ruin the walls, so it's resale friendly.

    ReplyDelete