24w6d
25 weeks tomorrow!!!! So exciting!
This week has been crazy busy. I got back from CT on Sunday night, and I babysat on Mon, Tues, and Wednesday this week. Today I am finally getting caught up on everything!
I am so happy to have passed my first goal of 24 weeks. :) Now onto 28 weeks!
The shower was last Saturday. It was really nice and we got some great gifts. There were a few lame no-shows who claimed they thought it was Sunday...and my mom had to pay for them...AND they didn't even call me after to apologize or anything...weirdos!
Anyway, here are some of the things we got:
-LOTS of clothes, but not too many. I sorted them by size and we do have a lot that are small, but not more than we will need I don't think. And some are bigger sizes. We're keeping all of them.
-2 bathtubs (returning 1)
-2 bouncer/rockers (returning 1 and buying a swing)
-bumbo and tray
-Stroller: Kolcraft contours tandem stroller -- random as we didn't register for it, but it has decent reviews and we like the features; we'll probably keep it.
-adorable lamp for their room
-nursery organizer(attaches to the side of changing table and holds diapers, etc.)
-crib sheets
-swaddlers
-receiving blankets
-books
-bath sets
-monitors
-hooded towels
-about $800 in cash/gift cards
People were very generous! Considering only 8 things were purchased off the registry, we got a pretty good variety of things we needed and not many duplicates. I made a long list of everything we still need. A few are big (like carseats, baby carriers, crib mattress), but it's mostly little stuff that our shower $ will cover.
I can't wait til the room is done so I can wash the clothes and put everything in its place.
Phil's parents are visitng tonight and leaving Sunday. My parents come next Thursday.
Only one more 1/2 day of babysitting and then I'm done with that.
The rest of this month will be hectic but January and February are wide open -- hoping to use that time to finish the babies room, buy everything we still need, organize, and REST! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment