Sunday, October 30, 2011

If / Then

For a minute let's ignore the fact that I am still the worst blogger ever. My priorities have changed and blogging is no longer a big part of who I am.

But anyway, this is what's on my mind today (totally in random order).

IF I hadn't gone against my family and stuck with my gut and had gone to a different college THEN I would never have met my wonderful husband.

IF Phil hadn't lost his job THEN he wouldn't have spent this wonderful month with us, enjoying his 7 month old sons.

IF I hadn't struggled with IF, maybe THEN I wouldn't have known how lucky we really are to have these babies.

IF we didn't move so often, THEN maybe I wouldn't have ever realized how freeing it is to get rid of STUFF. And that things that aren't worth moving aren't worth having. And that if it's sitting in a box, you don't want it or need it. So into minimalism these days.

IF Phil's job hadn't moved us to Maine, THEN maybe I would never have learned that in my heart I really am a Mainer. Growing up in Connecticut I always knew it wasn't the right place for me.

IF I hadn't had such a hard pregnancy and hadn't been close to crippled for almost a year, THEN maybe I wouldn't appreciate my body so much and be so excited to test what it's capable of.

Life is good right now. Phil lost his job but got a new one (starting tomorrow). It's going to be a challenge to be back on my own with the boys but we're settling into a routine with napping and eating so at least that part is getting easier.

I'm really into running these days. It makes me feel alive. I recently read "Run Like a Mother" and that book SPOKE to me. It explained exactly why running means so much to me. Now that it's dark before Phil goes to work and after he gets home things are going to be more challenging, but a treadmill is definitely in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment