Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Plan?

Having a plan makes me feel way better about my situation. We talked to the RE last time about how at some point you may want to move on to more complex procedures simply because at some point you're tired of waiting and experimenting and you want the success rate to be higher.

I haven't talked this over with Phil yet, but this is a timeline I'm comfortable with:

February: HSG/break cycle
March:Clomid with or without injects (we need to decide)
April: Injects (maybe with Clomid)
May: Injects (maybe with Clomid)
June: IUI #1?
July: IUI #2?
Aug: IUI #3?
Sept: IUI #4?
October: Discuss IVF or adoption

OBVIOUSLY I hope it won't come to all of this, but there comes a point where you just can't take anymore. If we hit the 2 year mark I think I'll feel pretty hopeless.

I know this plan SOUNDS depressing, but to me it's comforting! Like, ONE of these things WILL work. It will be okay.

Sometimes, I feel the fear of,
uncertainty stinging clear.
And I can't help but ask
myself how much I'll let the fear
take the wheel and steer.

It's driven me before, and it seems to a faint,
haunting mass appeal.
But lately I, am beginning to find that I,
should be the one behing the wheel.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there,
with open arms and open eyes, yeah.
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there,
I'll be there....

- Drive by Incubus

No comments:

Post a Comment