11w1d
So happy to be almost out of first tri. I am so happy to be here, but I'm still holding onto the bitterness of infertility. I know that's not uncommon for those who went through it. Pregnancy announcements still give me a sick feeling, and I still feel resentment towards "Fertiles". It's like, as happy as I am to be here, I still feel like I had to dedicate 2 years of my life to get here and that's just not fair. I know I need to focus on the positive!
Phil thinks it's stupid when I play the "why me" game, but really, why?
According to statistics, we should have been pregnant within the first 6 months of trying.
According to statistics, our first pregnancy would not have resulted in miscarriage.
According to statistics, I would have have had to experience that huge bleeding scare yesterday.
I'm only 25.
I know I had a pretty good life, but do people "deserve" to go through a hardship like infertility? It really makes you question faith and the ways of the universe. Do people HAVE to experience something really bad to appreciate the good? Will I appreciate my twins more because of what I had to go through to have them? I don't know. Maybe.
There's no real point in this post. I am SO HAPPY to be where I am right now. I guess I'm just worried about the dark cloud still hanging over my head. It's like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like this won't really happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment