Saturday, December 4, 2010

Long overdue update!

23w1d

Well! Things have been super busy.

We went to California for a week over Thanksgiving. I wanted so much for this to be the relaxing, overdue vacation we needed, but I had TERRIBLE braxton hicks the ENTIRE time. Like, brutal. My stomach continually cramped up to the point that it was difficult to do anything, day or night. I had a few meltdowns. Phil was as patient as he could be with me, but I feel like I really held both of us back on what we were able to do. I REALLY wanted to enjoy some local shopping and find some unique Christmas gifts, especially at the Wharf and in Carmel, but I was just unable to. It sucks. The trip wasn't a complete bust, I love staying in hotels, and we even stumbled upon a Paul Frank store in San Fran!

On Monday I couldn't take the contractions anymore so we went to some random community hospital in CA just to make sure everything was okay. I really didn't want that to happen on our trip, but it seemed like the right thing to do. They hooked me up to the monitors and even though I WAS having very frequent contractions, my cervix was fine, the ffn came back negative, and so did the test for a bladder infection. They just had me drink a ton of water and they released me. It's tough because being dehydrated increases the contractions, but so does a full bladder. The only option is to drink tons all day and stay RIGHT next to a bathroom! I had to pee in a million inconvenient and dirty places in San Fran. Even in the woods.

Anyway, since we've been back I saw both doctors, and they are concerned about the constant BH but for now they said everything is fine with my cervix, etc. I'll see my OB again on Thursday and the high risk doctor again on the 30th (seems like a long time to wait).

Both babies are now over a pound, which is REALLY exciting! I hope they're over 2 pounds each at the next appointment.

Phil and I have been trying to knock through our to-do lists (mostly house related) since this is our last weekend just us until January. Today we went to the market, grocery shopped, returned library books, got books for mom and Joe at the book thing, Phil put up Christmas lights outside, I got caught up on emails, I'm doing tons of laundry, and Phil is starting the bathroom fan installation project.

I can't WAIT to get started on the babes room -- first step is patching the walls and painting. We're still waiting to hear back on when the window will be installed - we placed the order.

Next weekend I'll be in CT for my shower (ALREADY!). I hope it's fun and not stressful and that everything goes smoothly. It will be exciting to get more things for the babies!

The following weekend Phil's parents visit, and the week after that my family comes for Christmas.

That's all for now...adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment