Monday, January 10, 2011

Room Progress

28w3d. :) Time is passing. I have 30 weeks in my head as the beginning of the homestretch, so I'm really looking forward to that milestone.

Here's my 28 week pic:

Photobucket

This weekend was awesome. I've felt really helpless lately and our house got SO messy with the moving in of the new fridge, all the baby stuff we have to organize, taking down Christmas ornaments, rearranging furniture, etc. I feel like I've been nagging Phil like crazy to help and really, it's not his fault -- he works a LOT and he helps as much as he can. He deserves time to relax too!

But anyway, this weekend we got SO MUCH DONE! We went shopping for a swing and crib mattress and a wardobe for the babies' clothes. We've been looking for a white dresser forever and we've had a really hard time finding one the right size that was a true white, not yellowed white. And we didn't want to spend $500! So we ended up with a wardrobe from IKEA. It only came with 1 clothing bar and one shelf, which isn't ideal, but it's tall and Phil can build shelves into it as we need them. For now we're doing those fabric hanging shelf things that hang from the clothing bar and it will be PERFECT for now for organizing all their little clothes and accessories. Phil assembled ALL the furniture this weekend - crib, changing table, wardrobe, and he brought the loveseat up from downstairs. I feel like with twins we need room for 2 adults to sit and the loveseat seemed like the easiest option for now.

We had a really hard time arranging the furniture. Either the furniture is bigger than I expected or the room is smaller than I realized, but there were a lot of obstacles because I have to keep MY wardrobe in there for my clothes, and the window is in a weird spot, and the mantle has a heating vent in it that we can't block. Tricky. For now we're only using one crib...and once we need the 2nd, it's going to be a mess in there. Probably the loveseat will just have to go at that time.

Regardless, I'm really excited about the room. We still need to put up the curtains and lay down the rug, and hang some really cool wall art up that I got from Etsy. But here's a few sneak peek pictures! These are crappy cell phone pics with bad lighting -- but I'll post final pics when the room is really done.

The room BEFORE (after we got the guest bed out)I think just the new window and the paint job made this room a million times nicer!!!:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the room NOW:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I need to get some pretty baskets for the bottom of the changing table.

That's all for now...!

No comments:

Post a Comment