Saturday, March 5, 2011

February 25, 2011 - Part 1

I'M A MOM!!!

The past week has been insane but I want to write down as much as I remember before I forget the details!

On Thursday (the 24th) I had a high risk OB appointment in the morning. Phil took a half day so he could come with me.

We went to Dunkin Donuts in the morning on the way for breakfast. Once we got there, we had a growth ultrasound first. They estimated baby A at 5 lbs even and baby B at 5.5 lbs. They said fluid levels looked good. They didn't see baby A "practice breathing" on the ultrasound, so they said during the biophysical profile to give him a half hour to do it.

After the ultrasound room we moved into the NST room. I started really not feeling well at all. I kept getting dizzy and hot. The nurse didn't tell us anything, we just sat there in silence while she watched baby A to see his diaphragm move. After 30 LONG minutes, she gave up and said if he passed the other parts of the "test" she wouldn't worry. I only had a few contractions, and both babies had normal heartrates during the 30 minutes they were monitored.

When we got out of there I came home and took a 2 hour nap. Phil went back to work. I just didn't feel well; I don't know how else to explain it.

I did some work and lounged around, and around 5:30 I felt like I was leaking, but thought it might just be some normal discharge like I've been getting. I ran to the bathroom and my pad was soaked with pink fluid. I wasn't positive my water broke, but I was thinking maybe this was it. I went upstairs and felt more gushing. I sat on the toilet and it kept coming out -- not pouring out like people describe but more like constant leaking. I was a little worried that it was pink fluid, not clear. I had heard that could mean placenta abruption. So I called Phil and he said he was on his way, and I texted him as he previously requested "Thundercats are go" (whatever that means, as she says on Juno) I called my doctors office and couldn't connect to the doctor on call for some reason, so called the hospital and told L&D I though my water broke and I'd be coming in.

Keeping a towel in hand, I went to the bedroom and threw the final things in my bag, and then sat back on the toilet til I heard Phil come in. He ran upstairs and got our bags, and we went out the car. I felt excited and only a little nervous b/c my fluid was pink. I felt like we'd been waiting for this day FOREVER and it was finally HAPPENING! EEEK! I wasn't nervous about labor. I just figured I'd get through it, no matter how it went.

When we got there, we parked in the 15 minute emergency room parking. When we walked in we told them we needed to go to L&D and they put me in a wheelchair. Some guy brought me upstairs and Phil went to the front desk to get a badge. He met me up there, where they had me check in. I had done the pre-registration so it was just a few quick questions and they made a copy of my insurance card. Phil went to move the car to the garage and after checking in they had me wait in a waiting room. Phil met me there after 15 mins or so.

While in the waiting room we took my final (35 week) belly pic!

Photobucket

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment